"I remember when I was a kid, I used to dream of flying a lot. I guess most kids do. You grow up, and all kinds of hardship gets thrown on your shoulders, you don't dream of flying anymore."
-Johnny Depp
When you're a kid, you have all of these thoughts and plans for these great things to accomplish. When you're a kid, you believe you can do anything and everything.
Then what happens?
You grow up and you have all of these people telling you that you can't, that you shouldn't. All of the cynical ones who never accomplished their dreams and live only to dash the dreams of others. These become the ones you believe.
Even when you have people telling you that you can do anything you dream of, you either refuse to, or simply can't, believe them.
Soon enough you have regrets about all the things you didn't try. Things you wish you could do. You no longer want to do something great, just something worthwhile so you don't have your whole life to have been in vain.
That's when the midlife crisis hits.
Moral: Don't listen to the people who tell you that you can't.
-Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Which is why I'm going to live on the moon.
ReplyDeleteLove you, glad to see you blogging. :D
Sometimes it's wise to hear what others have to say, as it could stop you from doing extra work, losing a lot of money, getting hurt, but yes, most of the time, people tel you what you can and can't do simply because *they* couldn't do it. In those cases, prove them wrong. =)
ReplyDelete