Right now I should be writing a research paper on Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. Instead I'm blogging and listening to Taking Back Sunday.
It's not that I'm trying to procrastinate, I just can't focus!
Rather than actually write the paper, I made the corrections to my outline that my teacher pointed out, printed the revised outline and put sticky strips on it in correspondence with the note cards I have for the essay and organized said note cards so they are in sequential order in regards to the outline. I also typed my works cited page which I don't even think is required for the first draft.
I am completely ready to write this paper and yet I'm not writing it.
I want to write my paper, I really do! It's interesting! I have other homework to do but I want to write this paper!
Taking Back Sunday is awesome. The new album is pretty good, but I like their older stuff better. I wanna go to one of their concerts.
Anyway. The paper is on the theme of censorship in the novel and how the censorship allows the government to control the citizens and how being knowledgeable is one of the most important choices we can make as humans. The information I have from critics is cool too. Completely supports the thesis. That is what it's for, after all.
How is it that I can just type away on this blog post yet when it comes to my paper I'm drawing blanks even with all of my research and the book itself sitting right in front of me. Maybe it's the smell of the barbecue sauce in the oven.
I need motivation, other than failing if I don't do this project properly.
And here I am wanting to be an English teacher. I can't even motivate myself to write a paper for my English class!
Well that's enough talking in circles, I'd say.
I'll try to blog more. I keep meaning to and then not doing it. Heh.
-Rachel :)
Hey, look, Something Funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment